Sunday, December 20, 2009

Yippee!

To understand the extent of my joy – The title needs to be read with all the audio visual effects...Fist punched in the air, well timed jump, song in my heart and a rather high decibel home theatre effect...Y-I-P-P-E-E! Incorporate the trademark Ekta Kapoor style of three echoes for added effect.

Today marks the first day of my annual vacation...I have started taking the year end annual leave as my birth right just to make up for not taking any leave during my first five working years.

The vacation couldn’t have had a better debut...Got up really late, watching mindless TV, enjoying my 3rd cup of coffee after a high cholesterol breakfast (eggs, sausages and the works), refusing to get up from my over sized highly comfy bean bag...soaking the winter sun. Jannat, if there exists one!

I sit and watch Bani pack her clothes and secretly hope (make it pray!) she will pack mine too. I am convinced no suitcase is big enough for a woman. The entire range is mind boggling...everything from itsy bitsy beachwear to a fancy gown (in case the Indian ambassador to Sri Lanka invites us for the Christmas ball!) Over time I have realized you dare not question the logic. It’s a standard reply – “You never know!” Inspite of a being a debater, there is no way I can respond to this repartee...

I have a new product development idea for Samsonite and their kinds. Why not design a portable wardrobe (preferably with wheels)? I can bet Bani will buy two!

For men, packing is a much simpler affair…A pair of jeans and a few Tees. That’s it! Longer the vacation only means more undies to pack. Decision making is simply restricted to which pair of jeans – slightly loose or very loose. Just to accommodate the beer belly we will so fondly and surely come back with.

Anyway, must thank Bani for introducing me to the concept of an annual break...It’s an absolute must to recharge those rusty and fagged out batteries. Well, I had no option but to end with a kind word for my wifey to make up those nasty things I have said earlier. Otherwise she will simply refuse to help me with my packing and my 4th cup of coffee!

No comments: